From Isabella ‘Captain’ von Pumpernickel:
Just my two cents on the whole “Justin Bieber/Steampunk Is Dead” debate.
If you think steampunk is dead because the “mainstream” has noticed it, well then you weren’t really into it that much. You found it, saw it was new and different, jumped on the bandwagon, then once other people started to notice it too, it’s no longer cool to you. YOU ARE JUST AS BAD AS THE PEOPLE YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT. In other words, go off with these “teenyboppers” and “posers” when they find their next shiny distraction as well. Maybe you can be super ultra cool and find something nobody else has discovered yet, and then complain about how it’s no longer cool when somebody else notices. You are not a steampunk, you are just a hipster.
^I completely agree with her.
- blackyue likes this
- kaenkusari likes this
- backwhenankleswerescandlous reblogged this from tampasteampunk and added:
- pessi reblogged this from tampasteampunk
- mick-bradley likes this
- tigersrosescat reblogged this from tampasteampunk
- tigersrosescat likes this
- jakessavage likes this
- thatoneindiechick likes this
- labyrinthvoices reblogged this from tampasteampunk and added:
- labyrinthvoices likes this
- madscientistsdesigns likes this
- ajnapix likes this
- fricka likes this
- of-cannibals-and-kings likes this
- steamcharlie likes this
- mvessick likes this
- steampunkguy likes this
- purplepeacocksflirtinwithrhodies likes this
- tampasteampunk posted this